Monday, October 12, 2009

Brief Update

So, lots has happened since the last post in June. So, will try to update as briefly as possible!

Savannah has applied for, been accepted and sent in her letter of intent to Salem College for the Fall of 2010!!! Can you say PROUD?? Yes, I am!! Very! She also applied for and became inducted into NC 4-H Honor Club, the highest honor a 4-Her can receive! And once the school year started, was nominated to be on the Homecoming Court for Davie County High School. And, she has also been selected as the Special Olympics of North Carolina Spotlight Coach for November 2009 on their ENewsletter, which will also be posted to their website!! So many accomplishments!

Not much else has really happened in our lives except for, well, living! We had a great summer and are hoping to have an equally wonderful "school year". Our Special Olympics cheerleading has started back, once again, and we have 12 cheerleaders, so far! That is after losing two of our cheerleaders from last year... so, we lost two and gained THREE new ones!!!

I am so thankful to have spent the last 17 years of my life raising my best friend. Savannah has been such a blessing from God, and although I am sad to see this part of our journey together end, once she graduates, I am so excited to see who she will become! I hope I am half the person she is now, when I grow up!!!

No comments: